Problems caused by poor duct performance:
call for your appointment today!
Duct Sealing & Repair in The Adirondack Region
Duct problems could be to blame for your stuffy rooms & high utility bills
Do you find it difficult to keep your home comfortable? Are your utility costs higher than they should be? In a typical house, about 20 to 30 percent of the air that moves through the ductwork system escapes through leaks, holes, and poorly connected ducts. Sealing ducts can make your home more comfortable, energy efficient, and safer, as well as improve air quality.
As a professional heating and cooling contractor, we also inspect, repair, and seal ducts. To request your inspection and estimate, call us at 1-844-385-7909 or click below and fill out the online contact form.
Symptoms of leaky or poorly insulated ducts:
- Discomfort caused by rooms that are difficult to heat and cool
- Increased asthma & allergy problems
- Rooms that feel stuffy
- High utility bills year round
- Musty odors & indoor air quality issues
- Excessive dust
During a typical duct improvement project, we will:
Problems caused by poor duct performance
In houses with forced-air heating and cooling systems, ducts are used to distribute conditioned air throughout the house. Leaky or poorly insulated ducts can result in a variety of problems:
- Comfort: Leaking supply ducts let out air you’ve paid to heat or cool before it even gets into your home. Leaky return ducts allow unconditioned air from your attic, basement, or crawl space to leak back into your system. In both cases, the air that reaches your living space isn’t as conditioned as it’s supposed to be, so your comfort is compromised.
- Energy efficiency: If conditioned air leaks out before it gets to your living space, obviously you’re not getting what you paid for. If unconditioned air leaks into your system, it takes more energy (and money) to condition it before it reaches your living space. Basically, you could be cooling or heating the great outdoors without even realizing it!
- Indoor air quality: If you have return duct leaks, you could be pumping “bad air” directly into your living space whenever your system runs. You wouldn’t want to breathe crawl space or attic air all day, but if you have this uncontrolled leakage, you might be! Leaky ducts also cause indoor air quality problems because of “pressure imbalances” that put some rooms or areas under positive pressure and others under negative pressure. This can cause unhealthy air (laden with dirt, dust, pollen, allergens, and other contaminants) to be sucked into your home.
- Safety risk: Pressure imbalances caused by leaking ducts can cause back drafts in combustion appliances like furnaces, wood stoves and gas ranges. When this happens, you risk exposure to carbon monoxide.
Get quality duct sealing services for your home
We offer quality HVAC services throughout Katskill Bay, Gansevoort, Greenfield Center, Ballston Spa, Hartford, Stillwater, Greenwich and the surrounding areas. If you’re interested in having our indoor air quality experts assess the energy efficiency of your ductwork and perform air duct sealing work, contact us today to speak with one of our friendly, knowledgeable specialists!