Did you know?
call for your appointment today!
Mini Split Ductless HVAC Maintenance & Cleaning
Glens Falls, Lake George & Saratoga
Mini split ductless systems can be an excellent choice for cooling and heating your home, however, just like any other HVAC unit, they require regular maintenance and cleaning to ensure continued efficiency, longevity and peak performance.
While you can clean the air filters inside the unit yourself, there are many other components that require deeper cleaning and maintenance to prevent breakdowns and repairs, as well as other tasks that are best handled by a professional HVAC technician.
Jack Hall Plumbing & Heating can ensure your mini split system is maintained and updated to factory-recommended schedules and procedures. Our HVAC technicians have experience maintaining and cleaning mini split systems, and can troubleshoot problems and perform repairs.
Mini Split HVAC Maintenance Services
Our air conditioning and heating experts are specially trained in mini split ductless HVAC systems and provide the following maintenance and cleaning services:
- Inspect, clean and/or repair the air filters.
- Clean removable parts, the fan and evaporator coil inside the indoor unit with a commercially available coil cleaner and rinse.
- Clean the condensing unit and outdoor coil with a coil cleaning solution and rinse.
- We may also apply a fungistat or bacteriostat to help prevent buildup on the coils.
- Inspect all other system components, including the mounting hardware, electrical connections and refrigerant lines.
- If the system is low on charge or showing an icy buildup on the coils, we will check for a refrigerant leak.
Mini Split Maintenance FAQs
How often should a mini split HVAC system be professionally cleaned?
If used exclusively for cooling, mini split ductless systems should be serviced once a year by a professional HVAC technician, and twice annually, if it’s also used for heating your home.
What can homeowners do to maintain their mini split system?
Every 4-6 weeks, clean both the inside and outside of the indoor unit with a dry cloth or vacuum, and clean the air filters according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Periodically inspect the outdoor unit and remove accumulated leaves and debris. Clean the coils of the outdoor unit with a garden hose, but do not use a high-pressure nozzle and make sure the system is powered off until the unit is completely dry.
What are some signs that a mini split system needs maintenance?
If you are cleaning or inspecting your mini split heat pump or air conditioning system and notice the following, call our HVAC maintenance professionals.
- The filters, coils, fan or any other components are covered in dirt, dust or debris
- Excessive condensation, ice build-up or freezing of the coil
- Water leakage from or near the indoor unit
- No airflow or reduced airflow from the indoor unit
- New or unusual sounds coming from the indoor or outdoor units
Keep Your Home Comfortable with Mini Split HVAC Maintenance & Cleaning
Regular maintenance and cleaning not only results in cleaner, healthier air, it can also improve performance and extend the life of your mini split HVAC system.
To prevent larger issues from developing into repairs or replacement, give us a call at (518) 792-7114 or contact us online for mini split ductless HVAC maintenance and cleaning in Glens Falls, Queensbury, Lake George, Saratoga Springs and throughout the surrounding areas.